Wednesday, July 8, 2009

VBS Photos

Alright - I'm finally getting around to pictures! Many things have happened to my good intentions, not the least of which was stomach flu for 2.5/5 of the household (JM & I are the only ones who seemed to have completely escaped!). Anyhow, here are just a few pictures from the week. You wouldn't think you could do so much in three hours, but the kids went to opening assembly, crafts, music, bible stories, snack & recreation, discovery and closing assembly. My kids were wiped out by the time we headed home (and that wasn't until around 2pm on most days). On Wednesday, JM summed up his point by doing the unthinkable:


Can you believe it? I don't think he's ever fallen asleep in my lap recently. But the next day, he actually fell asleep as I was carrying him around and trying to finish things up for the day. It was a tough week for him, but he was a trooper! And I think he had a blast in the nursery:




Here are pictures of Gracie's class & Clara's class. They were in our smaller classes. We had grouped the older grades (2nd & 3rd and 4th&5th) because we were told those were smaller groups in previous years. Ooops - not this year. We had almost 50 kids in the 2/3 class and35 in the 4/5.





The VBS kids also raised almost $240 in a week (in change) for a local charity that supports local kids with school supplies. We were amazed it came to that much! So here are the rest of the shots from the week (at least the ones that include my kiddos!). Enjoy.


Foot washing at the Last Supper


Taking a break in the shade for Duck, Duck, Goose. It was a very hot week! I think it was 100 degrees every day.


Craft time (making binoculars)


Singing at closing assembly. The VBS kids all got a chance to sing one of the songs they learned during the week on Sunday at mass (after communion). They had a blast & got a big round of applause from the congregation.

No comments: