Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Growth according to Clara

So - we might have to work on our idea of how the whole growth process goes.

The other night Clara declared (after bathtime & brushing teeth, of course), that she was hungry and needed to eat. I told her that she needed to eat more at dinner so she wouldn't be hungry right before bedtime. And no more food tonight. So then she informed me that if she didn't eat she would start to shrink and get smaller, and smaller, and smaller, until she was back to baby size.

At dinner tonight we got her updated views. Gracie brought up that I had mentioned in Colorado that men can eat more than women (I don't remember this, but I'm sure I did say it!). So I was trying to explain why that was and after my oh-so illuminating explanation, Clara said, but girls have to eat a lot, too. If they don't they will shrink and get smaller and smaller. And she held up her hands for a visual. Apparently if you don't eat, you will shrink to four inches tall! So we all chuckled and moved on. Or so I thought. A few minutes later when I was reminding her to eat her hamburger, she told us that "the more you eat, the more birthdays you have."

So there you have it, growing by an almost four year-old (but don't dare to call her that to her face!!! I learned my lesson the other day when I tried. "MOMMY - I'M THREEEEEEEE!")

p.s. Lesson of the Day: Always remove your 15 month old's shoes after he has been in the sandbox. Seems obvious, but becomes even more obvious when you go to change a diaper and all the sand dribbles out once you are in the middle of the changing process. Oh - and your water in the house should be shut off at the same time, just so it's not possible to get all that sand off except with lots and lots of wipees.

1 comment:

Papa Bear said...

Help! I am still trapped in the closet behind the TP! If I don't eat soon I will begin shrinking!! JM