Sunday, March 22, 2009

Another few new tricks

Okay, I know I just did a post on John Michael's new tricks. But I forgot a few (oops) and now there are a few more.

One I didn't mention at the time is that he had started sleeping through the night. But I'm out of luck on that one - he has a cold right now, so after three nights of not waking up until 5 or 6 am, he's back to waking up once in the middle of the night. I'm sure it's just the cold, right?? The nightshirt Mom gave me is coming in handy - it says "Mommy Needs Sleep." I'm assuming it will start working better once the kids can read!

This trick started a few weeks ago -


Now both girls like to get him to push them along. He seems to prefer pushing while on his knees. If he tries to stand the Jeep can get going too fast and get away from him! (so yes, he's still practicing for walking!)

This is the "I'm so excited Mommy let me pull this out of the paper drawer & didn't immediately take it away!" look:


This next one is such a boy thing. John Michael takes the loop-the-loop track off of one of the Fisher Price toys & then ta-da:

wears it around the house on his neck. He really likes it! (and it wasn't just a one time thing!)

Okay, this next one isn't so much his trick, as his patience with his sister's idea of a fun new thing for him. I don't think it needs any more description, but be sure and check out the look on his face! Oh, and only one sister has ever bothered to try this out.



Last one - this weekend has been a fun time for playing with this toy:


He likes to crawl in it, sit in it, roll it, and sometimes have his sisters in it with him (as long as things don't get too rough - I tried to institute the you can't touch anyone else (aka, "hands to self") in the tunnel rule, but it wasn't a big success).

1 comment:

Relishing Life said...

JM is SO CUTE!! He is grow up so fast! I can't wait to come and see you and the kids (and Mike, too)!!