Saturday, December 20, 2008

Whistle Stop Park - A Christmas Tradition


We took advantage of the nice warm weather we were having and headed down to Cleburne to see one of the neatest displays of Christmas lights I've seen. The city park is decorated with lots of different free-standing light displays and it's been really fun to take the kids there the last couple of years.

This year Gracie & Clara were patient enough to stand next to the van for a few minutes (while we were finishing bundling up JM, getting the camera, etc), but as soon as Mike told them they could go ahead, they took off at full speed! Too bad we didn't get a video of that part...

Anyhow, I enjoyed being able to carry John Michael in my arms instead of my belly. I remember last year I thought this was the most tiring thing ever, & I thought the park was very big. This year I was able to run some and almost keep up with the girls. What a change in a year!


If you live around here and are looking for something fun & free to do, this is it!


Okay - so we did get the running one after all - it was just after they had been there a while!



Poor John M
ichael! Nothing like too much lovin'


No comments: