Saturday, December 20, 2008

Don't Turn Your Back - even for a minute ...

Well, I knew it was bound to happen. I "lost" John Michael on Thursday morning.

We have a corner kitchen cabinet that we keep some toys in for him. I decided to open the cabinet, pull a few things out and leave the doors open as well since he had been playing with the door the day before. So I got all of that out and then went to do something at the other end of the kitchen (probably fetching something like more food, or a snack for another child).

After a minute or two, I realized I had better check on JM (he's pretty fast these days). I glanced down to that end of the kitchen, expecting him to be sitting chewing on a Little People figure or maybe heading off to explore under the kitchen table. But he wasn't in sight. Oh, I thought, he's already made it to the living room. I walked a few steps further, no John Michael in sight. That's when the "I've lost him" mini-panic set in. But as I turned around to make sure I hadn't missed him in the kitchen, I discovered where that monkey was.



A picture is worth a thousand words!!


Isn't he the happy camper?
The girls thought it was great fun, too!

1 comment:

Laura said...

That's hilarious! And, he's quite proud of himself