Wednesday, October 28, 2009

What's New - JM

So apparently JM is now moving so fast (almost running these days) that I can't get any pictures of him. I thought I had some, but when I wrote the first What's new post I got to the end and realized that all the pictures were of the girls!

JM is quite the mover these days - he's really not happy if he has to sit still anywhere for too long (church is so fun right now!) and his favorite sign (which looks like he's flapping his arms like wings) is "play!"

He's also becoming quite the protective brother. On several occasions, Clara has been crying and he has come running to check on her and has also run to get her blanket and bring it to her (she always brings him his blanket when he is upset). Tonight he found her crying and tried out one of his newest tricks - trying to blow a kiss. He doesn't really have it done - he can make the "smack" but then doesn't do the blow it off your hand thing. But it's the thought that counts.

And with that in mind, I have to recount a story from this past week. Clara had fallen and was crying, crying. I had gone over to sit with her and JM came running to see her. Next, he ran and pulled out the timeout stool. Well, Clara had been in time out just the day before for something or other and I guess JM heard more crying and figured "timeout." (Since that's typically Clara's reaction when she is in timeout!) When I stopped laughing, I asked John Michael to go and get Clara's blanket instead - and amazingly, he came out from her bedroom with it about a minute later!

JM & I also survived his first haircut. I hadn't realized quite how long it had gotten in back (the only part that got cut). With Gracie (whose hair was almost just the same), of course it didn't matter, so I didn't really think about it. Someone at Little Gym made a comment and I realized that he probably didn't need an inch and a half of hair (wispy though it is!) hanging over his collar. So I snipped it off in the bathtub that night while Clara tried to distract him (which was semi-successful).

Finally, here's his favorite song:

1 comment:

Relishing Life said...

You certainly are raising a thoughtful son! Congratulations!!