Sunday, November 1, 2009

Amazing Toddler

So - do you think a toddler doesn't pay much attention to what you do? Or that a toddler might not know what they want? Well, I don't think we would need many studies to prove those to be untrue at our house.

I came home with the girls the other night and got to hear quite a story from Mike. Here it is:

John Michael and the girls had eaten an early dinner so the girls could go to their swimming lesson. Mike met us at the gym and watched JM while the girls swam and I worked out. Then Mike & JM headed home. The girls & I got home after their swimming lesson & they had desert and headed to bed. Then I noticed an opened can of fruit cocktail on the counter. I commented to Mike, "Oh, I guess you fed John Michael some fruit cocktail (all the while thinking that was kind of an odd choice for a before bed snack)?" "Well," Mike replied "I didn't actually choose it." Apparently, JM had found the can opener (I had noticed the stool under the drawer with the can opener), taken it to the pantry, gotten out the fruit cocktail and tried to use the can opener to get that can open! So Mike decided he better have that for a snack.

This was pretty amazing to me. I didn't even know that JM knew we used the can opener for the fruit cocktail, and I certainly didn't think he knew where the can opener was (especially since I just moved it to a different drawer a few weeks ago & I can't always find it).

At least he can't operate the can opener . . . yet. We'll really be in trouble then!

1 comment:

Relishing Life said...

LOL!! Well, he is definitely going to be self-sufficient!