Thursday, February 26, 2009

Growing Pains

Gracie complained the other day about her knee hurting. She hadn't done anything to injure herself, so I took a line I remember from my Mom (do you remember saying this, Mom?) -
"It's just growing pains." She thought about that and said okay and moved on with whatever she was doing at the time.

Tonight, she came running in from the front yard where she had been playing. "Mommy, I had another one of those growing pains." So I asked, "where did you have it?"

"I was playing in the front yard with my hula hoop, by the clover."

"And where on your body did it hurt?"

"Same place, in my knee."

So I reminded her that it just meant that she was growing - and I added that she was probably getting taller.

She took off running toward her room hollering "I'm going to go measure myself!"