Thursday, February 12, 2009

Asgronaut Update

I think I blogged about Clara's desire to be an "asgronaut" after we saw the space shuttle launch a few months ago. Daddy had agreed to be an "asgronaut" with Clara since she seemed to want an adult to join her in her chosen occupation (I was asked first, but declined).

This has been an ongoing topic of discussion for her.

Several weeks ago in the car as we were coming home from picking Gracie up from school (and I had probably been asking them about what they wanted for lunch), Clara gave me her latest thought on the subject. "I'll eat lunch on the spaceship, but Daddy won't get to. You have to be strapped in tight and there won't be enough room for Daddy to have lunch." Poor Daddy - I guess he will have to be a hungry asgronaut.

Also, she keeps telling us that she will just be an "asgronaut" for one day. Then, she is planning to be a ballerina with Gracie (although Gracie is not committed to being a ballerina, she is also considering a doctor or a nurse).

Today, we were discussing taking a scooter and a tricycle for our trip to Houston (so they can ride around with their cousin). Clara suddenly started talking about a unicycle. "Unicycles only have one wheel and there is nothing to hold on to. They are very scary. I don't ever want to ride a unicycle. I'm going to be an asgronaut. Because you just drive into space. But you have to know where to go..."

I guess her next thoughts might be on who "drives" the spaceshuttle or what kind of map you use?

1 comment:

Relishing Life said...

Too cute!! I am glad not to be on her asgronaut crew! I can't go 30 minutes without a snack! ;)