Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Three Talkers ... wait, I think I mean Four

I guess I have to count myself in there.  If you know our family at all, you can guess who I'm not including in the count.  He almost doesn't stand a chance nowadays.

As soon as the girls get in the car afterschool, it's a fight to see who can have a turn to talk.  I am trying to have them take turns telling one thing at at time about school, but it's hard to share that time and wait to talk. 

And meanwhile, JM is pointing out "'cool buses" and "Jeeps" left and right.  I have to say, there must be something instinctive with boys because he is actually spotting Jeeps, both old and new.  I don't think Mike has given him any secret tutorials, but who knows...

So John Michael is busy repeating everything we say and trying to tell us all sorts of things.  The other morning, I was getting ready to get him out of bed (I was trying to finish up some work at the computer first) and I could hear him calling something.  When I got closer, I discovered it was "Wake Up . . . Mommy!, Wake Up . . . Mommy!" Again and again and again.  But it was very cute.  I guess he thought he would be my alarm clock.  

Then the other day, he was so cute, that he got to skip afternoon nap.  I was working on the computer (again - yes, it's that time of year, JBF is right around the corner and I'm busy actually working), and I called out "John Michael, are you ready for your nap?"  Which, as any halfway intelligent person knows is really not a good question to ask, but anyhow, I asked it.  And I actually got a respose:  "No ... Mommy .... I playing."
It was very cute.  I asked him again later to see if he would repeat it and he did.  His speech is so funny to listen to right now, one of my friends summed it up by saying he sounds like a robot! 

The only thing he really has difficulty with is those starting "S" or "sh" sounds.  His stuffed shark is a "arksh" and he was telling me all about the railroad crossing "ign-sss" for his Thomas train.  So it's kind of funny to tell him an "s" word and then hear him say it. 

That's all for now - I'm hoping to get some beach pictures up soon.  I managed to post a few along the side of the blog, but I have lots more (of course!)  But I suppose I should fix dinner for my family now, rather than continue to blog???

No comments: