Saturday, September 26, 2009

A snapshot of September

Okay - this is for all the previous days in September that I missed that we weren't celebrating Gracie's birthday!

On the first - my birthday! We had a fun day at home - lots of great presents, plum cake and being with my husband and kiddos.


The girls were so excited about the gift they had picked out for me (a yoga workout "kit" - video, mat, etc).


John Michael couldn't resist the lure of the wrapping paper.


He was sure Daddy had bought the MP3 player for him. I'm sure he would have gotten it working if he could have gotten it out of the plastic! He is crazy for all things with buttons!


Look at how many candles on the cake - I'm not old after all!

So after the birthday celebration we had a few good days and then we got the first round of sickness for Gracie. Clara was pretty lucky and didn't catch whatever the bug was, but she did have to get a flu shot when we took Gracie in to the dr. Clara didn't think that was too fair!


My poor sick girl - she hated having that high fever. I'm thankful we had movies and audio books to amuse her - she wasn't interested in doing much other than lying in bed.


And just because it always cracks me up - I had to show how Clara likes to make her bed after we've just put new sheets on it. All the animals are precisely arranged, the quilt has to be tucked in just so (I think it has already come undone in this picture). And she'll play in there for quite a while, making up stories about her stuffed animals. She's showing off her bunny in this picture - she's loving all her bunnies lately!

Next up in September - more work on the bathroom. The front bathroom this time, although the back bathroom was still not completed.


We tried several different greens on the wall and finally found the right one. So we started in on the painting. But I think all the wallpaper removal and cleaning the walls and fixing the bad spots wore us out (Mike & me).



The girls were ready to go on the painting, especially Clara.


I think she would have painted all day if we had let her. She kept moving on to a new section once she finished everything she could reach.


Unfortunately, we haven't painted since that day. I think school, work, and sickness took over. Maybe I'll be able to post completed pictures soon!!

And that just about sums up September - at least so far.
So here's the little guy (since he didn't make it into too many of the previous photos), riding off into the sunset ... or something like that!

1 comment: