Sunday, September 6, 2009

JM - An Update

Okay, these aren't new activites, just some that I forgot to include on the list last time:

Signing, signing, signing - more, dog, duck/bird, bath

Getting up on his rocking horse by himself. But those darn buttons on the ears that make the horsey noises are just too tricky!

Sitting in Uncle Scott's rocking chair & rocking, rocking, rocking (the ottoman is great for tummy sliding onto the rocker, too).

Cruising around on the tike bike and actually kind of steering and of course, making car noises.

Since of course we *never* feed him, helping himself to a snack from the pantry. He gets the goldfish (in a plastic container with a flip-top lid), a bowl from the tupperware drawer & fills up. Or, if he's in a hurry, just grabs a goldfish straight from the container & pops it in his mouth. I think this must be third child, I don't have time for Mommy & Daddy to get me what I need behavior. I don't remember Gracie or Clara ever doing this!

Last (at least of the things I've noticed today), he's a huge fan of sitting in our wicker basket that we use for recycling. Today he took his apple over to the basket and sat in it for snack time.

And because I haven't posted pictures in a while, here's one I like. It's about a month old. This is while we are waiting for Gracie to finish her swim lesson. You can see that Clara is all ready to jump in to the pool!



And John Michael might have been ready for her to jump in the pool, too...

2 comments:

Laura said...

Fun stuff! I love that he gets his snack and a bowl for them!

Relishing Life said...

At least he is self-sufficient! LOL!!