Friday, April 3, 2009

The rest of the weekend

Well, in addition to planting the garden last weekend, we did manage to accomplish a few more things.


A big accomplishment - Mike off on his new bike for longer than a 10 mile ride. When he came back, he said he had gone faster at a certain point on the route than he ever had in previous rides. Wow - the difference a new bike can make, I thought. Turns out there was a big tail wind at that part of the ride! But I think he really did enjoy his new bike & I'm sure it has to be faster!!

Okay - this next thing seems a little out of season, but you've got to get your firewood when you have the chance! We've burned our way through the 8 or 9 trees that we cut down a few years ago, so we actually had to *buy* firewood! Mike did the tough job of driving to Joshua with the trailer and getting the wood loaded up. You can see the unloading and stacking crew below!





Clara must be the hardest working 3-year old I know! She really helped me out. She was carrying logs over and putting them on the rack, climbing onto the pile of firewood to find a piece to carry, standing in the trailer and throwing logs off (hmmm, sisters, does anything about this seem familiar if you substitute rocks for logs?). And once all of the logs were off the trailer, she swept it off and got it really clean. Amazing! I think she was out there working hard for an hour with me (and it was cold and windy).


Yes - we've got a little more than a cord of wood stacked and ready for next winter now!

And finally, to round off the weekend on Sunday night, we made one of our favorites for dinner, but with a new twist. MYOP night - Make Your Own Pizza night, but this night we made mini pizzas (or mini, mini, mini pizzas if your name is Gracie!).

I don't normally put pictures of our dinner on our blog (am I that hard up for subject matter?), but there is a point to this. Here are the pizzas that I made:


I thought they looked pretty good.

But then I checked out my daughters' pizzas:



Check out the fancy decorations (faces, flowers, etc).

Best of all, they were delicious! A good end to the weekend.

1 comment:

Relishing Life said...

What a great helper Clara is!