Thursday, January 13, 2011

Clara's Christmas celebration at school

So guess what country Clara got to be from?  In the kindergarten class, they study Christmas around the world, so for their program, they all do a dance from a particular country and say a few lines including how you say Merry Christmas in that country.  Clara was excited about her part - particularly since she got to link arms with her friend and skip around in a circle for her dance!

It's hard to tell here, but she really was having a good time.  I was way off to one side, but John Michael was sitting contentedly in my lap (a first during one of Clara's programs!) and eating raisins, so I could only do so much with the camera. 

Okay, I think this should be the grumpy kids picture.  I swear they were all so happy right before I managed to snap this picture.  I guess they were ready to get back to their room for the party and food!

Clara loved her party, and I think JM liked it almost as much.   He looks forward to those kindergarten parties so he can either play in the play kitchen or up above it on the loft where there are blocks and trucks.


It was a fun time for Clara & JM, but unfortunately, we couldn't leave when it was over.  We hung around and waited for Gracie's party to start.  They were kind of worn out by the time that started (2:30) and I only got one lame picture, so that will tell you that Mommy was worn out by that time, too.  

I love the kindergarten program at the school, but it takes a lot of participation by the parents! It will be good to have a break for a few years.

 
Oh ... Gracie had a Christmas program, too, but it was just singing a song with her class - and even though I was the only one there with her (Mike, Clara & JM stayed home to get to bed on time), I didn't manage to get a good picture.  All of the classes went up at the end & had a "jam" session with some of the parents playing different instruments.  Somehow, Gracie & her quiet friends ended up in front of the drums - hence the ear covering!



No comments: