Monday, January 10, 2011

Believe it or not...

Some of the things that are just too funny and I want to remember.

Clara was really starting to question things this year.  The best was about our Elf on the Shelf, Callie.  So you know that the Elf on the Shelf is magic - you can't touch her and each night she goes back to the North Pole to tell Santa how you have behaved and if you have any special wishes (and on Christmas Eve she goes back until next year).  Well, some elves must be lazier than others, 'cause there were several times that Callie didn't move.  Of course, we (the kids and I) reasoned out that I had been up late (past midnight) or up tending coughing/sick kiddos on those nights, so she probably didn't have time to go.  And I think she probably had to make some early morning arrivals at new spots, too.  It's hard to remember to go to the North Pole every night if you are an Elf in a warm, comfortable house - you might just fall asleep and forget what you are supposed to do!  But the kids loved getting up in the mornings and looking for Callie.

Well, one weekend morning, *I* couldn't find Callie.  So I went to the kitchen and was asking Mike if he had seen her and he didn't really answer me.  Of course, she turned up safely in a new spot, but Mike was quite amused that I was so concerned about where she was and how she had gotten there!!

So back to Clara.  She was talking with Mike at dinner one night and Callie was just off to the side of the table.  Clara was asking "Is Callie really magic?  I mean, her eyes are stickers!"  Mike didn't say anything and I guess she moved on...

And then we had a discussion about Santa Claus a few nights after Christmas.  Clara came up with the question that I have always had, too.  How does Santa go to *all* the houses in one night?  So I answered that we just can't really understand it, it's just the magic of Santa Claus.  Then she thought and she told me "I know - Mrs. Werner told us in chapel, that God gives each of us a special talent.  I think that must be Santa's special talent."

No comments: