Tuesday, October 12, 2010

As promised long ago & since I haven't mailed the b-day presents yet ...



Well Sue, here it is.  The requested in jest, but I took it seriously "All-Sue/Aunt Sue Ocean Post."  Oh wait, did we go to the ocean the first week in August?  Is it fall now, too cold for the ocean?  Well, at least it's not snowing.

[Oh, and if anybody out there is reading these things, you should let me know with a comment every now and then.  Just so I don't start thinking my blog is similar to my life at home - tell somebody something ("kids, clean up those toys!") and have them pay no attention whatsoever!]

On to the ocean, the Atlantic Ocean at Rehoboth Beach, Delaware in a house large enough to hold us all (13-9 adults, 4 kids) just one block from the boardwalk.  The first time we have been on vacation with all of my family in a long time (since before any kids, I think). 

 So here is Aunt Sue, on the first day we (the Schwinds) arrived at the beach.  JM stayed behind at the house with his beloved Mimi, but the girls couldn't wait to get their first glimpse of the Atlantic!

We talked about putting swimsuits on, but it was late in the day & the kids assured us that they wouldn't get wet. Ha, ha, what were we thinking!  I think Aunt Sue got the fun of helping to hose them down once we got back to the house.

It was lazy mornings around the house, most of the time.  Aunt Sue was up & out for a run most mornings, but I must have caught her on a late morning hanging with Gracie at the breakfast table.  I think Uncle Todd might have roped her into a long bike ride on this day. 

Lots of days I didn't get pictures of Aunt Sue, or she wouldn't be a huge fan of the pictures I got, because they were shockingly, in a bathing suit! (can you imagine, at the ocean?).  Anyhow, here's a modest photo:



Good thing for her I decided against the videos that I shot a little later on this day - the modesty towel was gone and Gracie was being threatened with a toss into the ocean & Alex was being threatened with a toss into "The Pit."  "The Pit" was quite a fascination for all of the kids (big - Mike& Jamie!- and little).  Each day at the beach, they worked on digging a big, deep sand pit.  Alex, Clara & Gracie loved to come back later that day or early the next and see if it was still there or if it had been washed away.  They also loved running & jumping into it ("Geronimo" was the war cry) and also pretending to be walking along and "fall" into it.

We had a little birthday celebration for Clara (her birthday was just a week later) and it was fun to have all of my family there for her party!  Here are Uncle "Togg" and Aunt Sue looking on.   

Later that night ended up being game night.   Gracie must have snuck out of bed and stayed up late that night - I really don't remember.  But I do remember loving Todd's version of Go Fish.  According to his rules, you can just ask for any card you want - you don't even have to have it in your hand.  Hmmmm.... got to watch out for that Uncle Togg!


And on the last day at the beach, we all headed down to the arcade/fun land.  It was crowded, but we got in a little bit of Skee Ball.  Aunt C was the real pro, but notice Aunt Sue is in there, too.  
 After Skee Ball, apparently Uncle Todd and Aunt Sue were giving lessons to Alex on how to get more money out of his parents for the arcade, or ice cream, or whatever.    "Now first, you hold out your hand like this ...(Uncle Todd's advice).  "Then you give them the squinty eye like this... (Aunt Sue's advice). 

Look, it's Sue with her 3 sisters!




And the last day - "Please Aunt Sue, we'll fit in your suitcase just like this... And we'll keep you warm snuggling you like this in all that fog & rain in CA...

Hope my hard-working Sis enjoyed her post.  She's got a big trial coming up in a few days (last I heard) and I know she's been super busy, so I thought she might get a kick out of my silly post!

2 comments:

Laura said...

That's hilarious you made a post about your sister! Now, will you have to do one for each of them, or will the others not care?

Sue said...

K- You are still on the A-list but if there had been any questionable bathing suit pics, you could have slid considerably.