Tuesday, August 25, 2009

School, School!!!

Well they survived! We now officially have a preschooler and a kindergartner. Although my kindergartener informed me that it didn't seem much different than preK just yet!

Their quotes about the first day for the blog:
"Miss Brannon is a fine teacher." - Clara (I didn't coach her on this - promise!)
"I had a fun time on the first day." - Gracie

So - this morning, my big girl was ready first -


Here's her funny pose for the day:

That's her bag that we (the parents) got to make & that she will carry all year. It has lots of fun, family pictures on it!

Next up, Clara-bear was finally ready! We had a little trouble getting ready this morning, and I'm not sure how much breakfast she really ate (a few bites of cottage cheese?), but she sure looks happy!


And now for her funny/excited pose:

And yes, that's Tinkerbell on her back! And pink running shoes, to boot.

Someone at our house was definitely ready for the girls to leave:


Although once they were gone and we came back to an empty house, he wasn't quite sure what to do with himself (and I wasn't really sure either!). He checked out their room for a while and jumped on Clara's bed and at one point ended up running around the house screaming unhappily. But we found some fun things to do - eat a popsicle (that's always a winner), play some musical instruments, read a book, climb on chairs and stools (JM, not me...). And then it was time to pick up the girls. Thank goodness for half-days!!

It's great but sad to see the girls growing up. I don't know what I will do when there are three little ones in a picture like this:

1 comment:

Papa Bear said...

Very cute school bears - very sad and exciting to see Clara already off to school!