Tuesday, May 5, 2009

What's Up?

We are missing Mike, but it is going better than I anticipated on our own.

I did resort to leaving Gracie at Stay & Play after school (not too bad for her since she really likes to stay - a second recess, lunch and a rest movie). I think she & Clara needed some time apart! We had quite a few little spats yesterday. Plus, John Michael had the chance to take two naps. But did he actually bother with the morning nap? I don't think so - I went in the playroom and took a nap myself & when I woke up, he was still fussing (don't worry - it was only as long as one Dora episode). But he's having a good nap now.

So, on to some pictures so that Mike can see what we have been up to since he's been gone (and for the rest of you, too!). Oh - I didn't capture it on film, but John Michael is very fussy today. He even tried to crawl out the door and leave with the plumbers this morning. I think he's missing his Daddy and not enjoying being the only male in the house!

So yesterday, we kept busy indoors and out since Gracie was out of school for the swine flu (just a precaution - no one at her school has been sick). Here's is just a sample of what the girls were up to:


Then there was the parade:




John Michael & I got to be the spectators for the parade:

He enjoyed it, but I think he's ready to get out there on his own vehicle!

Here's what he did for today's new trick (in addition to walking a few steps when the plumbers were here):

On! All by myself! He started with just his knee on his seat & worked himself the rest of the way over. He was quite happy!

Okay - check out the cute Baby Legs he is wearing. Some people I know think they aren't so cute - I think they are adorable!!

Working on Off! (which he did finally accomplish all by himself, I just didn't have the camera out quickly enough)

Last night went pretty well, but everyone was definitely ready for bed. I've convinced the girls to brush their teeth, put on pj's and get our game ready while I'm putting JM to bed. Last night they even "bathed" themselves. I'm not sure how that went, but they look clean enough in the picture, right??


And today has been a nice relaxing day. Apparently, that green chair that I took a nap in this morning just makes everyone tired ... or maybe it's the Dora video ...

That's my Boo Bear - she'll probably be up until 10pm tonight, but she had to have been pretty tired to fall asleep. So I'm letting her sleep while I write this and probably until it is time to pick up Gracie.

But she's awake. She just wandered out & I showed her the picture I took of her sleeping. She was a little worried and said "but I just couldn't keep my eyes open!" I told her that it is fine to take a nap if you are sleepy! She's still waking up and a little grumpy ... hmmm. She wants to go watch a new favorite show (for her and Gracie) - the "Brainy" Bunch - aka, the Brady Bunch! I think I better obey or we'll have a meltdown... it's starting .... aggggggghhhh

2 comments:

Relishing Life said...

You guys are fairing well without Mike! I hope tonight is easy on everyone!

Papa Bear said...

That was a good day - tfob! Tell everyone I miss them. - Daddy Bear