Saturday, May 2, 2009

He walks! He signs! He eats!

Walks:
Yes - John Michael has finally decided to take more than one step at a time. Thursday night he walked about five steps to Mike (of course I was in the kitchen and didn't see it). But shortly after that he made two more attempts and got in two and three steps at a time. Way to go, Little Man!

Signs:
He's also started doing the sign for dog - panting with your tongue out. He's quite pleased with himself about that one and is always screaming for "Da!" to watch him do it. Well, in general he is always yelling for "Da!" - when he wakes up from his nap, when he is crawling by the garage door, when he sees him come home from work (and I swear he spotted his car going by the other afternoon and said "Da!"). Yes, it will be a hard week for JM. Daddy is going to Moosissippi (pronunciation via Clara) and won't be back until late Thursday. We will all miss him lots!

Eats:
Okay - so he has been eating for awhile now. But now we have moved him up to the table (Mike insists that washing that tray for the high chair is what was keeping us so busy!). And boy do his arms seem long. I was in the bedroom (briefly) during lunch the other day, and Clara came and found me so that she could inform me that John Michael had put one of his crackers on her plate. "But he had already put it in his mouth - deeesgusting!"

So here he is tonight - expressing his glee at being able to reach a whole biscuit instead of having to make do with the bite size pieces I had already put on his plate!


Look closely - in the upper section of his plate is the biscuit that I thought he should eat...



But see, Mom, this one is lots better - bigger, messier, and I got it all by myself!
Soon I bet I will be able to cram the whole thing in my mouth. And then do all that fake coughing/gagging that makes you get that funny look on your face!!!

2 comments:

Relishing Life said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Relishing Life said...

LOL!! Too much fun!! I love how he shares "used" food!!! LMAO!!