Sunday, January 11, 2009

Shoes and Souls

It was a nice day here at the ranch (house). And as usual, there were some funny moments with the kiddos. It seems to have been a Clara day - she's the one I have stories about tonight.

Sunday Morning
I was helping her put her boots on before Sunday School this morning, and I was just chatting away, probably trying to distract her from some previous upset (hard to believe, but I don't remember what particular crisis was in progress...) So as we were zipping up her boots (which are super cute - pink with pom-poms!), I said "Maybe you can show Miss Mary (Sunday School teacher) your new boots!"

"Moooom, Miss Mary doesn't look at our shoes. We have lots of other things to do. She doesn't care what shoes we wear. "

Thank you my ever so serious 3-year old for the reminder about humility!

Later that day:
Clara was in the playroom, getting her beloved doll, Beemie, ready for a trip to the park. She was busy chattering away about what she needed to get ready to take to the park. Beemie needed to be sure and have some shoes to take, because shoes are her favorite. Clara said, "she has a thousand pairs." Wow! Watch out Ameldo!

Maybe dolls get to be a lot more concerned about what they were on their feet...

1 comment:

Relishing Life said...

Too cute! It is amazing what comes out of the mouths of our little ones.

I hope you are feeling better! I assume so since you made it to church this morning! I hope that you are in bed now! Take care!

Love,
Me