Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Clara the conversationalist

Today we were at the pharmacy picking up yet another prescription for John Michael. Last week it was decongestant, Monday it was eyedrops, today ... antibiotics. And he's using Clara's meds from last year for the nebulizer. Poor guy - he's just had a cold (or maybe RSV). Now he's got a wheeze, two ear infections and we're trying to get his blocked tear duct to open so they don't have to open it for him in a few weeks (yikes - don't think about that if you are squeamish like me!). Anyhow, JM is on the mend, and I was really planning to write about Clara!

We go to a local pharmacy which I love because it is not nearly as busy as Walgreens or CVS and we always see the same people working there. Also, I think it reminds me of the pharmacy we always use to go to when I was growing up (I think it even smells the same...)

Anyhow, the girls always think it is a treat to go inside, which we did today so we could wait for JM's antibiotic. Well, we were trooping back from the bathroom (quite a crew with all 4 of us) and one of the ladies noticed Gracie & Clara's boots and commented on them.

"Oh I love your boots!"
Clara - "They're frog boots." (kind of hard to miss that point - they are bright green with frog faces). "Gracie's are cats." (again, kind of hard to miss - hers are pink with cat faces).

Anyhow, this started about a five minute discussion about boots, John Michael, how the girls helped out with their brother ("we feed him"), what JM wore on his feet ("soft boots"), and more about feet ("I'm wearing socks.").

I was very surprised Clara was so chatty - when she doesn't know someone, she usually is very shy & won't usually say a word to them. I guess maybe the "shy" phase is over!

No comments: