Thursday, November 6, 2008

Monster Madness

Okay, in my Mimi & Pap visit post, I promised to follow up with the monster story, so here it is.

It was the day before Halloween, so we had put on a Halloween "parade" so Mimi & Pap could see the kiddos costumes (and honestly, so I could make sure I had all parts & pieces required and everything fit!) They did that & it was pretty fun and then we sat down to another good dinner (what can be better than having your mother's cooking?? Oh, and to be fair, your dad's grilling?) Then while the girls were having desert & I was gathering up the rest of our things to load into the van, I asked Pap to tell the girls about what he used to do on Halloween to scare me & my sisters.

I wasn't paying too much attention since I was trying to focus on not leaving behind one of the million "necessities" we had brought with us. I certainly didn't want to drive home without a special blankie, friend, slippers, cup, etc... So, while I thought Pap was merely telling the girls a story he must have decided the real thing in action would be better. Now, this isn't the same mask from when we were growing up (Dad says that was an ape with part of the furry chest), but of course the effect was just as good. The video doesn't really capture it all because by the time I heard the shrieks and the giggles and grabbed the camera, it was hard to capture everyone in the same room!




Anyhow, everyone had a good time. At least for the first few minutes. Clara got overwhelmed and started crying. But never fear - we convinced her to try on the mask & all was well. Gracie even overcame her fear & put the mask on herself!

No comments: