Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Boys & Trains

While I was putting the girls to bed the other week, Mike was trying to keep John Michael happy until I was free to put him to bed. It wasn't the easiest bedtime, and I had to take Clara out to see the moon to try and calm her down. When we came in, I heard a whoo-whoo. I thought - what is going on? Has Gracie gotten up and is playing with the trains? Then I realized - how silly of me - it's the boys playing trains! We had a big Geotrax layout in the playroom last week and Mike discovered that John Michael loves to watch the trains.

So when I was done with the girls, I headed in to watch the boys and the trains. I'm not sure who likes them more. Check out the look on JM's face:




























He couldn't get enough of those trains. I think someone else was enjoying himself as well...

Here's some video of the boys playing.







Okay, so JM's attention is taken by the *fascinating* cardboard tube instead of the train. Meanwhile, Mike continues to man the train station. JM continues with his exploration of the cardboard tube...




Then, (the part I didn't get in the video, of course) John Michael continues playing with his new favorite toy and Mike continues to act as train engineer. His trains kept getting stuck on various parts of the track & he was sending out "helper" trains. So involved was he with this rescue operation that he failed to notice what John Michael was doing. A dangerous thing at this age. So, helpful Mommy that I am, I speak up with: "Umm, honey - do you think maybe you should take a moment to look at the baby? Is he supposed to be putting the cardboard tube in his mouth and gnawing on it?" Needless to say, the train engineer had to put off the train rescue and conduct a different rescue operation!

1 comment:

Laura said...

That's great! I'm glad Mike had an excuse to play trains