Thursday, May 10, 2012

The Muppet Show

So what a great show for fun family (or otherwise) entertainment.  I picked up a part of a season's discs at the library today, thinking Gracie might like it. 

Well, after a late meeting after school today (no one is in trouble, just capital campaign stuff), the kids were wiped out and I knew we need something calming before bedtime.  Mike was at his first weeknight bike ride of the summer, so I was on my own and decided to take the easy route.

We fancy it up at our house and call it "dinner theatre"  (check out that spelling - fancy, too, right?). 

So we got to eat our chicken and rice with a side of the Muppet Show.  It was the episode with Harry Belafonte (just in case any of you are a big fan or have super memories -- ahem, sisters!) and it was fun for all of us to watch.  I was worried JM might not like much of it.  But I didn't need to worry - lots of laughs, especially at the scene where Harry and Animal are having a drumming competition.  Everytime Animal gave his "Arrrrr"  JM was full of laughter. 

Gracie got more of the subtle humor, while Clara enjoyed the jazz scene where the saxophonist had a bee buzzing around that kept getting stuck in the saxophone. 

Anyhow, there were only sad faces when I told them only one episode a night.  They are looking forward to another "dinner theatre" tomorrow night.  (Friday night is when we usually allow these treats.)

And just because I love my family so much, here's a picture after the girls' school musical (which was excellent - a musical tribute to the Armed Forces at the beginning and then American history).   

1 comment:

Erika said...

Dinner Theater...great idea! Love the pic of Mike and the kids! You should have gotten yourself in there too!