Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Clara, Clara, Clara

I don't know if it was the slight fever she had today or the cold she has inherited from Gracie (who is almost recovered now), but Clara was non-stop entertainment in the car today.  Our journey consisted of driving to Gracie's piano camp and then to various stores and then back to pick Gracie up.

On the way to the piano camp, Clara was sure we had gone too far and missed our turn (she really likes to help you out with your driving - I can't wait until she's working on that learner's permit).  "Mommy, we missed the H-turn - where's the H-turn???" 



Let me preface this next part by saying that last night, Clara wanted Gracie "OUT" of "her" room (they share a room) during her storytime.  So today about 5 minutes after dropping off Gracie, Clara started talking about what would happen after she and Gracie were grown-ups. 
Clara: I won't see her anymore.
Me: Yes, you will. Remember how I get to visit my sisters?
Clara: But it won't be everyday...It will be different.  It will never be the same again!  And I won't get to see you ... and you will be really old.
Me: (I had to pause and think about the really old part!) . . . Well, you can always come visit us and you can call us.  Everyday, if you want.  We can talk everyday.
Clara: No ... that would be too much.  Not everyday!!!

Then, in the parking lot where it was raining: "Look at all the windwipers - they're wiping off the wind....Is that right, Mommy?  Do they wipe off the wind?"
So I didn't give her a straight answer - I just couldn't inform her that they weren't windwipers.  It's much more interesting sounding.  So I told her I supposed they might.   I guess eventually I should tell her what they are really called.  But I'm sure Gracie will set her straight (one of her most recent favorite activities) if I don't.

I know she had a few other funnies, but it's late and I'm definitely having Mommy memory (=no memory). 

But here's my all time favorite so far & I still don't correct her because it always makes me laugh!
Clara's a big fan of a show called Zoboomafoo (which is all about wild animals).  So here's one of the things she's learned on the show:  "Animals have to protect themselves from their creditors."

3 comments:

Laura said...

Those are priceless!

Erika said...

Those are great! Love the Zoboomafoo comment - she is hysterical! :)

Papa Bear said...

That is my Clara!!!!!